This section will guide you through the application process.
Our students come from Australia and around the world with a recognised degree such as neuroscience, health, science or engineering.
You may start your studies in March (first semester) or August (second semester). Before you begin, you must be enrolled as a student at a university. Most of our current students are enrolled at UNSW or the University of Sydney.
Step by step process for potential PhD, Masters, Honours and ILP students
- Search for a supervisor
- Check that you are eligible
- Contact a potential supervisor and agree on a project
- Define the project outline
- Search for Scholarships and awards
- Apply to UNSW
- UNSW Graduate Research School
- UNSW Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- University of Sydney Graduate Studies Office
- University of Sydney Scholarships Office
- Scholarships, awards and prizes
To see what research opportunities currently exist for Honours and PhD students, download this booklet:
To see what scholarships, awards and prizes are on offer for postgrad students, click here.
Read about the support available for early career researchers at NeuRA on this page.