GeneMappers Accommodation Info & Bookings
GeneMappers 2019 have secured a selection of rooms for 2 days on-site at Q Station at a discounted rate including buffet breakfast* for conference delegates (Deluxe & Heritage only). Bookings will be taken below on a first-come first-served basis. Once reduced rate rooms are allocated, bookings can be made directly with the Q Station reception at standard rates.
Booking Options 20th – 22nd November 2 nights
(all prices inc breakfast & GST)
- $230 per night – Deluxe ensuite inc breakfast
- $200 per night – Heritage (queen bed with private detached bathroom) inc breakfast
Additional guests in any accommodation are $30 per person inclusive of buffet breakfast.
If you wish to stay only one night or extend your stay at Q station beyond the two nights of the conference (i.e. 18th November, 19th November or 22nd November), please book directly with Q Station Reservations on +61 (0)2 9466 1500 or H8773@accor.com. Please ensure that you tell Reservations that you are already staying as part of the conference, and quote the “NEUR1119” discount code for accommodation discount on the additional nights!
Q station has 84 accommodation rooms with three room types (Heritage, Deluxe, three bedroom cottages):
Heritage rooms and suites retain the original aspects of accommodation at Q Station, offering queen beds with the original Quarantine experience and a private detached bathroom facilities* just a step away. Some heritage suites offer an additional lounge with sofa bed for twin accommodation.
Deluxe rooms and suites have queen bed configuration and all feature ensuite bathrooms. Some deluxe suites offer an additional lounge with sofa bed for twin accommodation.
All guests have access to the guest lounges: A28 Carpenters Lounge, P5 Former First Class Dining Room, P6 Former First Class Kitchen and H15 Isolation Lounge. These guest lounges provide a unique place to spend time, providing tea, coffee, vending machines, board games, heritage artefacts, books and a pool table.
If you wish to extend your stay at Q station beyond the two nights of the conference (20th + 21st May) or book a three bedroom cottage, please book directly with Q Station reception on +61 (0)2 9466 1500 or H8773@accor.com, and quote the genemappers2019 discount code for accommodation discount on the additional nights!
Alternatively, off-site accommodation is available in Manly proper, which may be 15-30 minutes’ walk (or 5-10 minutes’ drive) from Q Station.
Please Note: Accommodation bookings can be cancelled without charge before 20 August 2019. Between 21 August 2019 and 21 September 2019, a cancellation fee of 50% cost of first night may be charged. Between 20 September 2019 and 20 October, a cancellation fee of cancellation fee of 75% cost of all nights held may be charged. Cancellations of accommodation bookings received after 20 October 2019 will be charged at full rate.
Q Station Hotel Extras:
• Direct access to walking tracks, bike hire, snorkels, stand up paddle-boards and kayak hire
• Access to guest lounges with tea, coffee, vending machines, board games and a pool table
• Complimentary on-site parking next to reception, but no driving on-site
• Complimentary shuttle bus for transportation around the site, if required
• Complimentary wifi.
• History Tours, Ghost Tours, Education excursions, and a free quarantine-themed Museum in the Visitor Centre.
• Dining at the Boilerhouse Restaurant & Bar (6pm – 10pm; Last seating at 8:30pm), Engine Room Bar (5pm – 9pm), Visitor Centre Café (10am – 4pm) and Views Restaurant (breakfast; 7am – 10am).
• Swim in Sydney Harbour at Quarantine Beach.
• Access to the Wharf and Ecohopper Ferry.