Getting to Q Station
From Sydney Airport or Sydney CBD, there are a few options on how to get to Q Station, which is located in a National Park on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. You can travel by car or public transport, with different options and approximate times and costs outlined below.
By car, taxi or Uber:
Q Station is just 30 minutes’ drive from Sydney CBD or 50-60 minutes’ drive from Sydney Airport.
- Estimated price for a taxi ~$100-$120
- Estimated price for an Uber ~$60-$80
Driving from the Airport:
- Get on the M1 from Airport Drive or Qantas Drive, and cross Sydney Harbour Bridge towards Sydney’s North.
- Take the Military Road/A8 exit towards Mosman/Manly. Cross the Spit Bridge an turn right onto Sydney Road.
- Arriving in Manly via Sydney Road, turn right to Belgrave St. Turn left at Manly Wharf.
- Take the second left (signposted North Head), turn right onto Darley Road and up the hill past Manly Hospital.
- Go through the stone arch, continue until you reach a roundabout and turn right into Q Station parking area, where you are welcome to park free of charge for the duration of the conference.
- Shuttle buses are available at Reception to transport you to your room, and these also operate around the site during your stay, if required. Use of personal vehicles is not permitted on the property.
By public transport:
Travel on all Sydney buses, trains and most ferry services require purchase of a multi-use electronic Opal card.
Opal cards can be ordered online or purchased at most convenience stores or newsagents in Sydney. You can top up the card with funds as needed at place of purchase, online or at Opal top-up machines at bus/ferry terminals.
You can to travel from Airport to Q Station by:
- Train to Circular Quay + ferry from Circular Quay Wharf to Manly Wharf + bus (route# 135) or 5’ taxi ride to Q Station (~1.5 hours; ~$30-$40);
- Train to Circular Quay + ferry direct to Q Station Wharf (a minimum of 1.5 hours*)
*this ferry service runs less frequently, so please check the ferry schedule before planning this route
You can use your Opal card on all Sydney passenger ferries, plus the Manly Fast Ferry and Ecohopper boat. You may also buy a ticket at the Circular Quay wharf, if you prefer.
- passenger ferry from Circular Quay to Manly wharf (F1) departs every ~30 mins (30 minute journey) https://transportnsw.info/routes/details/sydney-ferries/f1/090F1
- Many Fast Ferry from Circular Quay to Manly wharf (MFF) departs every ~15 mins (20 minute journey).
- Many Fast Ferry/Ecohopper from Circular Quay to Q Station Wharf departs Circular Quay every 1-1.5 hours between 9:30am-3:40pm; and departs from Q Station between 10:20am-4:30pm.
FastFerry ticket options:
- pay $50 for 48 hour hop-on-hop-off access (https://myfastferry.com.au/48hr-hop-on-hop-off-pass/)
- purchase a return fare from Circular Quay to the Q Station for $15 (you can buy the ticket at Circular Quay Wharf 6 on the day itself, or use a pre-purchased opal card). (https://www.myfastferry.com.au/sightseeing/q-station/)