NeuRA thas published a Hip Fracture Care Guide for patients, their families and carers addressing frequently asked questions across the hip fracture journey and highlighting the importance of preventing another fracture by treating osteoporosis and preventing falls.
The Australian and New Zealand Hip Fracture Registry
The ANZHFR is a clinician-led audit of hip fracture care established to provide data that will inform practice and drive change. The Registry stores data collected by participating hospitals and provides a mechanism for service providers to use this data to drive change in practice at a local level and ultimately to improve the care and optimise outcomes for older people who have fractured their hip.
“The Registry is run by clinicians for clinicians and provides hospitals with real-time performance data, allowing them to see how they perform against other hospitals.”
- 25% of hip fracture patients were on active treatment for osteoporosis on their discharge from hospital
- 24% of hospitals reported the provision of individualized written information on prevention of future falls and fractures
- Future costs (Australia): $1.126 billion by 2022
- Download NeuRA Brochure: Hip Fracture Care Guide
- Download the ANZHFR 2018 Report
- Watch the NeuRAtalks miniseries on HIP FRACTURE care
In the media
- Read the Sydney Morning Herald’s EXCLUSIVE: Osteoporosis care gap: audit reveals hip fracture warning signs missed
- Media release: Calls to prioritise osteoporosis plans for hip fracture patients leaving hospital