RESOLVE – RECRUITING NOW
We are developing new drug-free treatments to cure low back pain and are seeking volunteers to participate in our research.
New research shows that there are changes in the brain when someone has pain for a long time. We believe it is these changes that could make recovery from pain slower and more difficult.
Using this knowledge of the brain and how it changes with pain we have developed two new treatment programs for chronic low back pain. These treatment programs target how the brain and central nervous system process information to produce low back pain.
We are conducting a Commonwealth Government randomised clinical trial to determine which of these treatment programs is most effective in reducing pain for people with chronic low back pain.
If you participate in the study, you will be randomly allocated into one of two treatment groups.
The treatments include:
- non-invasive brain stimulation, mental movement training, laser therapy to your lower back, physical movement training with mirrors, pulsed electromagnetic energy to your lower back, training to improve your sense of touch over your lower back
If you are interested in participating, you must:
- have had low back pain for longer than 3 months
- be between 18 – 70 years of age
- have someone to assist with home training
- be willing to travel to Randwick for treatment
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
If you fit these criteria please leave your details below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Bagg MK et al. (2017). The RESOLVE Trial for people with chronic low back pain: protocol for a randomised clinical trial. Journal of Physiotherapy 63(1), 47-48. doi: 10.1016/j.jphys.2016.11.001. PMID: 27939089